ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Visa

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

malhoto
Newly Registered

Immigration Visa

Post by malhoto » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:20 pm

Hi All,

I have been cleared by ACS under Computer Professional (nec) Category.
I want to apply for immigration now. I am in currently living in UK. How much time it takes for immigration processing from UK. Is it possible that I go to australia on Student Visa first and apply from these. Will it take less time.

Pls Suggest.

regards,
opinder.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:45 pm

it took me 11 months for processing with the Adelaide Skills processing center.

if you go on a student visa, you have to show proof of a course there. courses for INTL students are pretty expensive. Are you willing to study or pay to study? Also i think study visas only allow for a certain number of hours work a week. Check this out

Also, check out requirements for changing from Student to perm visa. I dont think it is so easy as despite having a major skills shortage, AU are trying to stop the many international students from staying permanently on completion of their courses.