ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help- Compassionate leave for 8 months- Any chance for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alex122
Newly Registered

Help- Compassionate leave for 8 months- Any chance for ILR?

Post by alex122 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:28 am

Dear friends, Please help, I desperately need your advice as soon as possible.
I'm planning to apply for ILR on basis of 5-year continuous work permit/Tier1 from 2007-2012.
I was absent from UK on unpaid compassionate leave for 8 months in 2008 (continuously) as my dad was suffering from terminal cancer and I had to look after him as his only carer. I returned back to UK as soon as he passed away. I have all the supporting documents from my employer , and the supporting medical documents about my dad’s illness and decease.
I have also had a total of 60 days of paid annual leave over the past 5 year.
I would like to know what are my chances of succeeding in getting an ILR?
Is there any chance that they would ignore my 8 month absence on compassionate grounds? any similar cases?
I would really appreciate your advice.
Many thanks.

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: Please help! Compassionate leave for 8 months- Any chanc

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:38 am

all depends on CW . its up to him.
I have seen cases rejected with same reasons. But if you are economically active and had good job etc then make you case strong by covering letter which will push him to make decision in your favor.

i advice you to consultant any good solicitor who can fight if you get rejected.

[iD]

Re: Help- Compassionate leave for 8 months- Any chance for I

Post by [iD] » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:14 am

alex122 wrote:Dear friends, Please help, I desperately need your advice as soon as possible.
I'm planning to apply for ILR on basis of 5-year continuous work permit/Tier1 from 2007-2012.
I was absent from UK on unpaid compassionate leave for 8 months in 2008 (continuously) as my dad was suffering from terminal cancer and I had to look after him as his only carer. I returned back to UK as soon as he passed away. I have all the supporting documents from my employer , and the supporting medical documents about my dad’s illness and decease.
I have also had a total of 60 days of paid annual leave over the past 5 year.
I would like to know what are my chances of succeeding in getting an ILR?
Is there any chance that they would ignore my 8 month absence on compassionate grounds? any similar cases?
I would really appreciate your advice.
Many thanks.
As far as rules are concerned, they would only allow you to skip that time if you were on maternity leave. But then again, caseworker can do that on their own discretion. As advised above, try talking to a good and experienced solicitor and see what he has to say.
Goodluck.

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: Help- Compassionate leave for 8 months- Any chance for I

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:17 am

contact Rashid on this forum. he have same issue.

may be some thing work out for both of you.

alex122
Newly Registered

Post by alex122 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:07 am

Dear Friends,
Thank you so much for your replies.
How can I find similar lost or successful cases (long absence on compassionate grounds) on this forum?

ilr_trauma
Newly Registered

Post by ilr_trauma » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:01 pm

alex122 wrote:Dear Friends,
Thank you so much for your replies.
How can I find similar lost or successful cases (long absence on compassionate grounds) on this forum?
Hi,
what happened to your case. I have same situation.

alex122
Newly Registered

Post by alex122 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:22 pm

I spoke to some immigration solicitors at the time. They told me my chances were very slim but it is always worth to try it.
I changed my mind and now I have moved to another country. The U.K. immigration was simply too much stress and humiliation for me, through many years I lived there.
Sorry If my answer is not much of a help to you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:54 pm

I'm sorry to hear that alex122, I do hope things work out better for you wherever you are now.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.