ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

regarding proof of address

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rizwanvu

regarding proof of address

Post by rizwanvu » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:49 am

Hello Friends

I have applied Tier 2 general visa and my wife also apply same time with me inside uk. I put online application for visa. In covering sheet ukba ask proof of address documents for my wife bank statement and NHS card. My wife has bank statement and NHS card but on NHS card she has our pervious home address. Is this ok? I have sent also covering letter and describe this point
RIZWAN

arts99
United Kingdom

Post by arts99 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:35 am

UKBA expects that any documents submitted as proof of address for dependant spouse "will need to be dated no more than a month prior to the date of application."

Where as this could be ok for things like

• Bank statements*
• Credit card statement*

but totally unpractical for documents such as:

• Driving licence*
• NHS registration document*

As they are only issued once as long as the person continues to stay at the same address. Have tried to contact UKBA a couple of times to get this clarified in the guidance notes but as usual UKBA seems to be very very slowly in responding.

Not all people have credit as well as bank statements and would have to rely on other documents like the driving licence or NHS card etc.

Has anyone else been able to get this clarified from UKBA so far? Or has anyones application been approved/rejected due to the issue stated above?

Thank you

thanx2u
Newly Registered

Post by thanx2u » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:51 pm

@rizwan
Did u get ur tier 2 visa ?
I am facing same issue of proof of adress for my Mrs,
I have nhs appointment letters, and card is on previous adress, what have u submitted , plz guide, it wil help me alot .
Any 1 else plz guide. . .