ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bank statements for uk spouse settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jlolololo
Mood:
Ireland

bank statements for uk spouse settlement visa

Post by jlolololo » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:03 am

Hello,

Finally in the process of applying for spouse settlement visa from outside the uk.

Do I have to provide my current account bank statements for the period of our marriage? Am planning to provide my savings account bank statements which show evidence of sufficient funds.

Potentially enough?

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:08 am

6 Months worth of Bank statements atleast showing that you have decent amount saved with incoming and outgoings.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

dza926

Post by dza926 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:42 am

Doesn't the guidance say 3 months worth of statements?

dza926

Post by dza926 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:45 am

MAA5 What evidence of maintenance is required?

For applicant's and / or sponsor's funds:

* Statements covering at least 3 months
* Are there regular transactions?
* Are the funds immediately available?
* Large deposits with no evidence of normal transactions need careful examination.

The extent of the evidence required will depend on the circumstances of the case, with some applicants required to produce more detailed evidence of funds available.

Where there is doubt that the funds will be at the disposal of the applicant, the ECO may ask them for a written undertaking.

For further guidance, see ECB12 Undertakings. This includes circumstances for refusal, the prescribed undertakings form (see link below), and the recovery of Income Support from sponsors by the DWP.

Maintenance and Accommodation undertaking form can be downloaded under 'Related documents' on the right of this page.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:05 pm

3-6 months of bank statements should be enough.

Just remember the last one has to be no older than 4-5 weeks when application is lodged

hsmp2007Tier1

Post by hsmp2007Tier1 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:39 am

sorry to hijack the thread.
i have a similar question almost !

my wages 2500 approx get paid into savings bank account and not into current bank account, I then transfer around 1000 gbp into my current account every month to cover any monthly outgoings. In that case would it be OK if I show only savings bank account statements to cover finance/maintenace part of application ?

I dont want to show current account statement as there is not a lot of consistency in the outgoings from current account, but savings account is consistent for last 6 months ( with wages being paid every month and regular monthly transfer to current account )

I hope it is not a must that case worker need to see a proper itemised outgoing .

please advise.

ravikd

Post by ravikd » Tue May 08, 2012 9:26 am

hsmp2007Tier1 wrote:sorry to hijack the thread.
i have a similar question almost !

my wages 2500 approx get paid into savings bank account and not into current bank account, I then transfer around 1000 gbp into my current account every month to cover any monthly outgoings. In that case would it be OK if I show only savings bank account statements to cover finance/maintenace part of application ?

I dont want to show current account statement as there is not a lot of consistency in the outgoings from current account, but savings account is consistent for last 6 months ( with wages being paid every month and regular monthly transfer to current account )

I hope it is not a must that case worker need to see a proper itemised outgoing .

please advise.
Savings account will be fine.They can corroborate your salary with the incoming on ur savings account. In your cover letter,you can mention that you are showing savings a/c where ur salary is credited but my expenses are being paid off from my current a/c.

carlyann

Post by carlyann » Thu May 10, 2012 12:53 am

Batleykhan is there any guidance to state that bank statements can be up to 4-5 weeks old? If there is please can you point me in the right direction? This is playing on my mind. I leave the country on 18th July and get married on 28th July in Nicaragua - hopefully we will be able to book a space for biometrics in panama for 8 Aug but there is no guarantee. So best case scenario is that my statements will be one month old. I have arranged for my statement date to be changed to 9 July to arrive at my house by 17th July before I fly.

Thanks in advance
Hoping to be reunited soon

nosah

Post by nosah » Fri May 11, 2012 7:06 pm

I think it's better to include 6 months bank statement, for my husband I include my bank statement since sep to may which is around 8 months n a half
I will always love you habiby

Applied for spouse visa 30 May
Ready for collection 16 Aug
Visa stamped 15 Aug

Thanks God

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 11, 2012 11:00 pm

carlyann wrote:Batleykhan is there any guidance to state that bank statements can be up to 4-5 weeks old? If there is please can you point me in the right direction? This is playing on my mind. I leave the country on 18th July and get married on 28th July in Nicaragua - hopefully we will be able to book a space for biometrics in panama for 8 Aug but there is no guarantee. So best case scenario is that my statements will be one month old. I have arranged for my statement date to be changed to 9 July to arrive at my house by 17th July before I fly.

Thanks in advance
In certain countries they demand the nearest uptodate bank statement ( usually no older than 4-5 weeks before application) as it is most likely to give a true reflection of what you may have in your account. Obviously anything longer than above the ECO may not be convinced that the funds are available. In view of what you have stated above, I would not worry to much and just hand teh statements in with your application and if questioned you can argue that it was teh last statement you could have possibly got before you left teh UK.I don't think you will have any problems, so don't worry to much