ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flexi Benefit part of earnings?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nks

Flexi Benefit part of earnings?

Post by nks » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:47 pm

Hi,

Sorry guys but I have run into another one. There is a component on my payslip "Flexi Benefit". Actually, this is a component, which my company gives to buy some benefits (like coupons, buying holidays etc) but if I don't opt for them, they just add it to my paslip and pay in cash.

Its a small component and the way they refer it in contract is not descriptive and even the amount is not mentioned. The contract says "You are eligible for flexi as per company policy but that may change at any time"

Important : It does get included in "Gross Salary" section in the payslip.

Now the question is, as you would have guessed :) : can I include this in calculating my "previous earnings"?

Thanks,
nks

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:10 am

If this is taxable, it can be included.
Give me more Karma (+)

nks

Post by nks » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks but I dont quite subsrcibe to argument that only taxable income corresponds to gross pay. I am not an expert but there is definitely a part of gross (perhaps part of your contribution to pension fund or some other) which lowers taxable pay but "gross" in ukba terms is what is mentioned "gross salary" in payslip. I may be wrong though.

Thanks,
Nks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:32 pm

Here it appears we are talking about salary sacrifice, and if part of the salary is sacrificed, then it appears clear that the salary is lower than would have been the case.
John