ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for MSc- CS in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chirag.g
Newly Registered

Applying for MSc- CS in UK

Post by chirag.g » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for MSc - Computer Science in UK. Can you please let me know about the post study work conditions in UK. Are companies willing to sponsor international students for jobs ? What will be the effect of the new VISA rules which will come into effect from 6 April, 2012.

manojk005

Re: Applying for MSc- CS in UK

Post by manojk005 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:13 pm

chirag.g wrote:Hi,

I am planning to apply for MSc - Computer Science in UK. Can you please let me know about the post study work conditions in UK. Are companies willing to sponsor international students for jobs ? What will be the effect of the new VISA rules which will come into effect from 6 April, 2012.
If your study is fully funded i.e., not a single penny paid by you then it is good. If not then better to avoid UK as this place is no more a good place to be. Now it is difficult to get a company sponsered visa due to government policy and future of UK economy is not promising. Investment of more than £10000 and time is not worth of it.

bobobo

Re: Applying for MSc- CS in UK

Post by bobobo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:35 pm

The PSW visa is rightfully being cancelled from the 06th of April 2012. There will be a limit on general immigration and things will not be as easy as they were earlier, like the advise you have been given, if working in UK is your primary motive and not acquiring a degree itself then avoid UK

chirag.g
Newly Registered

Post by chirag.g » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi,

I got offers from top UK colleges like UCL, King's College. So If I complete my MSc in Sep - 2013 from any of the above colleges will I be able to sustain in UK ? Any scope of PSW and job opportunities If I pass out from the above colleges ?

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:40 pm

I have friends who have got into graduate schemes and those companies are ready to offer Tier 2 Visas. So it all depends on you, if you have an excellent academic record and continue to maintain it here in your masters course and manage to impress the companies then the future looks good for you. You should research about how to fill the application forms for those graduate schemes. Its a very lengthy process and has a number of stages before the final interview. But, if you get through, you are very likely to have a good future here and they might even help you to extend to visa further. However if you want to come here and get into a normal job then it will be very difficult, without the PSW companies will not be willing to give you a job.

Edit: you already have offers from good universities so just concentrate on your course and get good results. It will surely help you if you are looking for placements from graduate schemes.

chirag.g
Newly Registered

Post by chirag.g » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi Shreyas,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please let me know from which college did your friends complete their masters and the course they applied for ?

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:43 pm

My friends graduated from Warwick University and they did Masters in Mechanical Systems Engineering and Engineering Business Management. Their department, WMG, has ties with many manufacturing based companies in the UK hence it was easy for them to get it in. Two of them got into Rolls Royce, one into BMW, one in Nissan, one in Airbus, etc.. Mainly into manufacturing based companies, but they had an excellent academic record back in India. They had graduated from the top engineering colleges in India and some had even gotten into IIMs before deciding to come to the UK. So it depends on you really.

htc_123
Pakistan

Post by htc_123 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:46 pm

I got offers from top UK colleges like UCL, King's College. So If I complete my MSc in Sep - 2013 from any of the above colleges will I be able to sustain in UK ? Any scope of PSW and job opportunities If I pass out from the above colleges ?
On that forefront just to let you know, my friend recently did MS in Telecom from King's college, He has an excellent academic record and completed his MS with distinction. He is still looking for a job/graduate scheme ! So although it's not impossible it's very very difficult to get into graduate schemes !