ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bulgarian student applying for yellow card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pesopeshev
Newly Registered

Bulgarian student applying for yellow card

Post by pesopeshev » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:37 am

Hi, hope you could help me with some advice. I have been desparately trying to register for a in person appointment at Croyden through the BR1 application. Trying for the past 3 weeks with no success. I have an internship starting in June 10, so I really need to get this through. What would be the best way to make sure I get registered - should I apply on specific dates/hours of day/week? Also, when I specify the date range, should I select a specific date - up until now I have always selected from today for the next 90 days open availability? I do not mind travelling to any office anywhere in the UK or even paying for the service - it is just so frustrating that you are not able to book this and have to hunt it down. literally!
Thanks a lot in advance!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Can you not make a postal application?

pesopeshev
Newly Registered

Post by pesopeshev » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:34 pm

I did in mid march, but they are still processing the december applications as per their official notice. Thus I would get the card in july, which obviously would not work if my internship starts on 11th of june. Thus I want to schedule an interview in person and go do it asap. Would really appreciate some advice!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:53 pm

This is not an area that I'm very familiar with. Did you withdraw your postal application or is it still in progress? I understand that you need to have registered as a student before commencing work.

pesopeshev
Newly Registered

Post by pesopeshev » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:58 pm

That is the crux of the problem - I only need to register as a student. Thus I sent out my application (albeit too late), but at least to have something in just in case it gets processed quickly(which would probably not be the case). My main and only hope/bet to get a card approved before june 11th is if I am able to go in for an inperson interview, but after chasing the ukba website for 3 weeks for an appointment, I am starting to lose hope I will be able to register for an appointment. What would be the best times/dates to be lurking? And also, should I specify a wide range of availability(e.g. from now to end of june) or narrow range(e.g from 40 to 45 days from today)? Thanks!!!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Hopefully someone with more direct experience can answer you. I was looking for a time limit by when a card had to be issued, but failed to find it (doesn't mean there is not one).

In general, if a delay to documentation causes hardship, priority can be requested.

loveforlove

Post by loveforlove » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:01 pm

pesopeshev wrote:I did in mid march, but they are still processing the december applications as per their official notice. Thus I would get the card in july, which obviously would not work if my internship starts on 11th of june. Thus I want to schedule an interview in person and go do it asap. Would really appreciate some advice!
Hi pesopeshev,

My husband is Bulgarian national and he got his yellow card as a student in October 2011, his college did this application by post, it took 3 months. According to my experience now they proceed applications for a longer period than last years. I wait for my papers more than 4 months. The website says that they work now on the cases received on the 20 of November. See the link below.
I know one person who also was trying to arrange an interview, she is trying to apply for a Blue Card, but HO told that they are fully booked for 5 months.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... tingtimes/

Good luck!

zheni

Post by zheni » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:02 pm

The maximum time that UKBA can take to issue a card should be issued not be longer than 6 months.

With regards to the appointments myself and my sister have been trying to book appointments as well for PR but have been unable to do so. It is basically impossible, we have stayed online and checked even during the night, we have phoned them-nothing! There are no appointments for the EEA/BR applications but there are plenty for the visa route applications.
My sister had no trouble booking an appointment 2 years ago, everything was fine then but something has been very wrong with the system in the past few months.
I read somewhere else that they have only one person processing all the BR/EEA applications at Croydon and this is slowing the whole process but that was the case 2 years ago as well. It just does not add up, I think appointments are not being released at all, we called one morning at exactly 9am-they said fully booked, how can it be?! Seriously!
I've come to the conclusion that UKBA is offering a sham service-they only advertise it but there isn't any service.

To keep trying online is kind of pointless (in my opinion). Maybe you could call them and explain the situation and see if they can speed up your application being processed, I know they cannot prioritise applications but at least perhaps speak to them.

Good luck!

pesopeshev
Newly Registered

Post by pesopeshev » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:50 pm

Thanks for the support. I did call them, spoke with them at least 10 times explaining the situation but nothing. I even went ot Croyden without an appointment and got in, my documents were ok, but was turned back because I did not have an appointment. It is totally ridiculous! I dunno what more to do at this point...