ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR tomorrow in Sheffield

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hoftwi
Newly Registered

ILR tomorrow in Sheffield

Post by hoftwi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:03 am

I will apply for SET[M] tomorrow in Sheffield, is it compulsory to take 3 months bankstatments? as we have just started up a new busniness and not earning much at the moment, but we can prove that we have never applied for any public fund, and mortgage paid on time in the last 2 years. will it be alright?

thanks all but i am just too anxious

friend12345

Re: ILR tomorrow in Sheffield

Post by friend12345 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:42 pm

hoftwi wrote:I will apply for SET[M] tomorrow in Sheffield, is it compulsory to take 3 months bankstatments? as we have just started up a new busniness and not earning much at the moment, but we can prove that we have never applied for any public fund, and mortgage paid on time in the last 2 years. will it be alright?

All I know is in the required documents list UKBA ask for last 3 months bank statements to show your financial circumstances I am not sure how it will effect your application if you don't give last 3 months statements, wait for seniors/moderators comments.
Good Luck
Good things come to those who wait.

hoftwi
Newly Registered

Post by hoftwi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:57 pm

thanks friend12345 and hope i can get some advise from seniors or moderators to ease my anxiety. thanks

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:43 pm

thats my local PEO. please update of the outcome.

hoftwi
Newly Registered

Post by hoftwi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:47 pm

definitely will share the experience after tomorrow. but i still hope i can get some more advise.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:06 pm

regardless of business making profit/loss, if you have bank statements on you, take them with you.

as long as you have gained enough points with your salary and you can prove it with bank statements/payslips then you are good to go.

Good Luck.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:08 pm

Have you registered with HMRC as self-employed for tax/NIC ? The PEO will want to see a minimum of 3 months bank statements, regardless of the balance.
Last edited by Casa on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

friend12345

Re: ILR tomorrow in Sheffield

Post by friend12345 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:10 pm

hoftwi wrote:I will apply for SET[M] tomorrow in Sheffield, is it compulsory to take 3 months bankstatments? as we have just started up a new busniness and not earning much at the moment, but we can prove that we have never applied for any public fund, and mortgage paid on time in the last 2 years. will it be alright?

As far I know there is no standard requirement regarding finances for Set ( M ), you must have a running bank account you can provide last 3 months statements of that account and documents showing your newly started business.
Good Luck
Good things come to those who wait.

hoftwi
Newly Registered

Post by hoftwi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:22 pm

thanks all for the reply!!

so as long as i can proof that we are in credit in the bank, i.e. we didn't miss any payment of our bills then it should be fine?

yes, we have registered with HMRC as self-employed.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:32 pm

So long as you can submit the last 3 months bank statements together with all other documents which are compulsory. UKBA staff are advised not to refuse Spouse ILR due to lack of finance alone.
Take the HMRC registration with you too.

hoftwi
Newly Registered

Post by hoftwi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:27 pm

thanks all!will post the outcome soon. fingers crossed