ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

We want to get marry ,but we can't marry yet

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

starbucks
Newly Registered

We want to get marry ,but we can't marry yet

Post by starbucks » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:46 am

Could anyone give some advise?

My visa is already expired, and i don't have my passport in hand. My partner and I really want to have a family together, we don't want to be separated because the visa problem. What should I do?

He is from EU, working and living in the UK nearly 5 years. I was a student, came to the UK already 6 years.

I really need help if someone could give some advise.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:03 am

Where is your passport?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

starbucks
Newly Registered

Post by starbucks » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:15 pm

It is kept in homeoffice.

cherize

Post by cherize » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:28 pm

Have you made any applications since your visa expired? If yes, have they refused you? You can't get married in UK if you dont have your passport with you. Its easier for you to go back home instead and make an application there as spouse visa. Or if you have a child with him, you can apply under Leave to Remain outside immigration rules since you said you overstayed your visa. They might look on a favourable condition on your case.

ali0123
Newly Registered

you can get married

Post by ali0123 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi,
You can get married without your passport. All you need to show registrar is a proof of id. Please check following url for more info.

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-imm ... rtnership/

cherize

Post by cherize » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:24 am

Whether you can get married here in UK or not without your passport, you still need to go back home and make the application there as as spouse visa. You cannot make an application inside UK as you dont have a current visa. So its pointless getting married here.
Thats just an opinion

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:14 am

There may be advantages to marrying in the UK, if you can. An overstayed spouse of a qualified EEA citizen may subsequently apply for a residence card.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 30, 2012 12:14 am

starbucks wrote:I have overstayed for one year since refusal of leave to remain as a student in the UK. The reason that I didn't leave this country is because of my relationship, my boyfriend wants me to stay, we want to get married, having family. I feel that I am stuck in this country now, don't know what to do. Currently I am doing nothing, just staying at home, no job, no social life, no friends except him. Sometime chatting with friends, family back home over the internet, it makes me even more, feeling home sick, but in the same time I feel I really love him, he is the one I am looking for. I know if i decided to go back. We will be separated for ever. I will have no chance to re apply a visa and to re enter to the UK. Can anyone give some advices on this matter? I would be really grateful for your advice.

starbucks
Newly Registered

Post by starbucks » Wed May 30, 2012 12:55 am

vinny wrote:
starbucks wrote:I have overstayed for one year since refusal of leave to remain as a student in the UK. The reason that I didn't leave this country is because of my relationship, my boyfriend wants me to stay, we want to get married, having family. I feel that I am stuck in this country now, don't know what to do. Currently I am doing nothing, just staying at home, no job, no social life, no friends except him. Sometime chatting with friends, family back home over the internet, it makes me even more, feeling home sick, but in the same time I feel I really love him, he is the one I am looking for. I know if i decided to go back. We will be separated for ever. I will have no chance to re apply a visa and to re enter to the UK. Can anyone give some advices on this matter? I would be really grateful for your advice.
Hi vinny, my problem has not been solved yet. I have checked the rules for non-EEA National family members of EEA Nations, the spouse will not be granted the residence card....we are not married yet. The current issue is I don't know where to start...what rules to be applied?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 30, 2012 1:17 am

How long have you been living with your EEA partner, in a relationship akin to marriage? If it has been for at least two years, then you may also apply for a residence card.

starbucks
Newly Registered

Post by starbucks » Wed May 30, 2012 11:32 am

vinny wrote:How long have you been living with your EEA partner, in a relationship akin to marriage? If it has been for at least two years, then you may also apply for a residence card.
we've been living together one year. I am just feeling stressed because of this situation. Im sure if the UK Border officer knocking on my door, I will have no chance to stay in this relationship. It would be difficult for him to find a job in my country who is not speaking their language, currently he had promotion at work, definitely it's not a good idea for him to give up everything here, come with me to my country, and re start his career. what shall i do?