ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

szjj
Newly Registered

advice.

Post by szjj » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:36 pm

I was on spouse visa which i received in 2010 and expiring in march 2012 but my husband withdrew his sponsorship as he is on ILR without informing me in december 2011 by sending letter to homeoffice and attaching talaqnama which he never made me aware of , as we travelled to his country together in january and then went to india from there and then was returning back in f eb to uk where i was stopped by immigration and was informed that i was divorced and my husband no longer is supporting my application. i was detained and released next day only for two days. i was not given in country right of appeal but my solicitor at that time said that what he needs to challenge and appealed . and i received notice of hearing for this month but just two days before ,my appeal was struck out as i didnt had in country right of appeal and now i have been told to leave by 12th april.
i have lived in this country for 10 years and they are not ready to consider that. but aswell my husband n me have reconciled . how does it affect my case anyone can suggest or its case of judicary review. its a bigmess.

Smam

Re: advice.

Post by Smam » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:20 pm

szjj wrote:I was on spouse visa which i received in 2010 and expiring in march 2012 but my husband withdrew his sponsorship as he is on ILR without informing me in december 2011 by sending letter to homeoffice and attaching talaqnama which he never made me aware of , as we travelled to his country together in january and then went to india from there and then was returning back in f eb to uk where i was stopped by immigration and was informed that i was divorced and my husband no longer is supporting my application. i was detained and released next day only for two days. i was not given in country right of appeal but my solicitor at that time said that what he needs to challenge and appealed . and i received notice of hearing for this month but just two days before ,my appeal was struck out as i didnt had in country right of appeal and now i have been told to leave by 12th april.
i have lived in this country for 10 years and they are not ready to consider that. but aswell my husband n me have reconciled . how does it affect my case anyone can suggest or its case of judicary review. its a bigmess.
Hi

I am really sorry to hear about your experience.

First of all your case looks complicated enough to me. You and your husband has reconciled after your husband with drew his sponsorship and send the divorce to the UKBA. So to the best of my knowledge once you send the divorce to any one with out informing you I think you're divorced now and you can't reconcile with your husband as a husband as divorce is some thing which is once done never ever be taken back. The other thing is that your husband never ever informed you that he's giving you divorce and posted it straight to the HO.

Your other point is that you're living in this country for the last 10 years but telling you from the best of my knowledge no matter if you're living here for 20 years and God Forbid you got deported or detained as in your for a single second by the UKBA for any reason and didn't gets the right to appeal in country or send back to your home country your time cycle resets automatically for getting the ILR on long residence basis.

Hope this will answer your question.

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: advice.

Post by Loveislovely » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:23 am

szjj wrote:I was on spouse visa which i received in 2010 and expiring in march 2012 but my husband withdrew his sponsorship as he is on ILR without informing me in december 2011 by sending letter to homeoffice and attaching talaqnama which he never made me aware of , as we travelled to his country together in january and then went to india from there and then was returning back in f eb to uk where i was stopped by immigration and was informed that i was divorced and my husband no longer is supporting my application. i was detained and released next day only for two days. i was not given in country right of appeal but my solicitor at that time said that what he needs to challenge and appealed . and i received notice of hearing for this month but just two days before ,my appeal was struck out as i didnt had in country right of appeal and now i have been told to leave by 12th april.
Hi Sjj!

I am truly touched by your misfortune, I kinda find it difficult to understand that your husband would have done that without discussing with you, I would suggest that you ask him to remarry you, as you have been back together, maybe you may have a chance to apply on the basis of descretionary leave.
All for one, one for all..... Peace