ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice on UK immigration/work visas!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kstewart
Newly Registered

Need advice on UK immigration/work visas!

Post by kstewart » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:20 am

I've lived in the US my whole life. From high school, I went straight to college and got my Bachelor's degree in Marketing (May 2010). I was offered a graduate assistantship in the school of business at my college, so I decided to go straight to grad school. I just finished my Master's degree in Business Administration last December (2011).

I'm now looking to move to London to be with my boyfriend (who was born and raised in London) and begin my career. I work in Finance right now (for the past two years), but would prefer to work in Marketing. My boyfriend and I have been trying to figure out the best approach to obtaining a work visa for me. From the research we've done, it seems that I need a visa to get a job offer, and I need a job offer to get a visa?? Any advice you could give on how I can obtain a visa and/or job would be greatly appreciated!

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:08 am

Read through the links provided on this page, and decide whether you have any chance at all:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... n/working/

kstewart
Newly Registered

Post by kstewart » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:40 am

Unfortunately, I've already read that site (along with many other informational sites).

I think my only options are to:

1) get married (not really an option at this point),
2) get a student visa and pursue a PhD, or
3) send my CV to as many companies as possible and hope and pray some company is willing and able to hire and sponsor me...

I was hoping there was some secret answer to this predicament : /

Thanks for your advice though!

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:02 am

kstewart wrote:Unfortunately, I've already read that site (along with many other informational sites).

I think my only options are to:

1) get married (not really an option at this point),
2) get a student visa and pursue a PhD, or
3) send my CV to as many companies as possible and hope and pray some company is willing and able to hire and sponsor me...

I was hoping there was some secret answer to this predicament : /

Thanks for your advice though
!
Unfortunately no secret answer . Phd would be a good option at the end of which you can then decide if your relationship is going anywhere apply accordingly for settlement .
pennyless

Abby12
Newly Registered

UK Ancestry Dependents Visa - Which Forms ?

Post by Abby12 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:01 am

My husband has recently received his UK Ancestry Visa. We were advised to first let him apply and see whether is would be granted, and thereafter, apply for myself and our daughter (8y).

We are still in South Africa, and would like to move to the UK towards the end of the year.

Would my daughter and myself also use the VAF2 form to apply for the UK Ancestry Dependent Visas ? The agency mentioned the Spouse Immigration form, but from what we can see on the various websites, it is the VAF2 form.