ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sister-in-law on student visa- Mirpur. How to apply?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Exquisit33

Sister-in-law on student visa- Mirpur. How to apply?

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:31 am

Hi my sister-in-law (husband's sister) would like to come and study here in the UK.

My question is how do we go about applying for a student visa? She is about 19 years old and is currently living in Pakistan/Mirpur. I live in UK.

I have no knowledge on this type of visa, so I would need info from scratch!

Any advice and guidance will highly be appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Allah is the greatest!

syma
Member of Standing

Re: Sister-in-law on student visa- Mirpur. How to apply?

Post by syma » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:Hi my sister-in-law (husband's sister) would like to come and study here in the UK.

My question is how do we go about applying for a student visa? She is about 19 years old and is currently living in Pakistan/Mirpur. I live in UK.

I have no knowledge on this type of visa, so I would need info from scratch!

Any advice and guidance will highly be appreciated!

Thanks in advance
what is she currently studying?? and wot is she planing to study in uk?
visa-grante:25.10.12

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:11 pm

[quote="Exquisit33"]Hi my sister-in-law (husband's sister) would like to come and study here in the UK.

She is most welcome for study purpose without recourse to public funds and pay the huge sum of tuition fees.

1. I think she will go for any Masters program. First of all, she can pass the IELTS or TOFEL and apply online. She will get a response from the University and letter without any condition.

2. She has to make a Foreign Demand Draft in the name of university from Pakistan and attach with her application.
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:32 am

Gregarious wrote:
Exquisit33 wrote:Hi my sister-in-law (husband's sister) would like to come and study here in the UK.

She is most welcome for study purpose without recourse to public funds and pay the huge sum of tuition fees.

1. I think she will go for any Masters program. First of all, she can pass the IELTS or TOFEL and apply online. She will get a response from the University and letter without any condition.

2. She has to make a Foreign Demand Draft in the name of university from Pakistan and attach with her application.
how does one apply for Masters at the age of 19? she probably hasnt even done her bachelors yet

@ Exquisite u know the tutuion fees are going up rediculioulsy from Sep 2012 session:/

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:53 am

Gregarious wrote:

gregarious - You really need to be careful about giving advice as your advice is often incorrect or confusing.

The OP's sister in law is only 19 so is unlikely to get an offe to do a masters in the UK as she presumably hasn't even done a bachelors yet. How do you know she will get a 'letter without any condition' when you know nothing about her or what she is going to apply to do?

She does not need to 'make a Foreign Demand Draft' in the name of the university and 'attach with her application' whatever makes you thinks this?

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:41 am

Greenie wrote:
Gregarious wrote:

gregarious - You really need to be careful about giving advice as your advice is often incorrect or confusing.

The OP's sister in law is only 19 so is unlikely to get an offe to do a masters in the UK as she presumably hasn't even done a bachelors yet. How do you know she will get a 'letter without any condition' when you know nothing about her or what she is going to apply to do?

She does not need to 'make a Foreign Demand Draft' in the name of the university and 'attach with her application' whatever makes you thinks this?
I have said the same to him before but the dude doesnt listen, dont tk it personally now Gregarious:)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:51 am

Exqusite, take the advice of Greenie to be correct and ignore others :)

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:09 pm

[/quote]

It was for the Bachelors Degree not for Masters Degree.

Because of so many fake cases in Pakistan, Embassy wants to assure it; that tuition fees must be paid. I did the same and made a Foreign DD last time.

Additionally, regarding the Offer Letter from the University 'Conditional' or 'Un-conditional' . I put my remark a offer letter without any condition means unconditional offer letter.
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:30 pm

Gregarious wrote:
It was for the Bachelors Degree not for Masters Degree.

Because of so many fake cases in Pakistan, Embassy wants to assure it; that tuition fees must be paid. I did the same and made a Foreign DD last time.

Additionally, regarding the Offer Letter from the University 'Conditional' or 'Un-conditional' . I put my remark a offer letter without any condition means unconditional offer letter.[/quote]

When did you apply for a student visa?

The embassy does not accept 'foreign demand drafts' for proof that fees will be paid in Tier 4 applications. Instead the applicant either provides bank statements showing s/he has held the relevent funds for at least 28 days, or can pay the fees directly to the university/college and provide a receipt for payment or the university/college will update the CAS to confirm fees have been paid.

You said that she 'will get a response letter without any condition' how do you know she will get an unconditional offer if you have no idea about her?

21SHOAIB21
- thin ice -

PROCESS TIMES

Post by 21SHOAIB21 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:41 pm

HELLO BROTHERS AND SISTERS I AM NEW HERE, I WAS JUST WANTING TO SHARE WITH YOU AND WAS WANTING INFO FROM YOU. COULD ANY1 PLZ TEL ME HOW LONG IVE GOT 2 GO

APP SUB=12/03/12
FORWARDED TO OC=12/03/12
APP SENT TO BHC=26/03/12