ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is good salary in london

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

what is good salary in london

Post by broli » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Plan can you tell the minimal yearly income to survive in london

Is 15000 GBP good , or can i even live with less

also i need to know the rate of rent in london per month
1 bedroom +Spam+hall may be how much

thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:14 pm

People do live on that sum but it's at the low end of the scale (it's only just above minimum wages). How good it is depends on your current situation and if the lifestyle that this brings in London is an improvement on your current situation. Are we expected to guess?

simplyk2012
Newly Registered

are you kidding?

Post by simplyk2012 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:40 pm

That is incredibly low. That is like internship salary. But as someone said previously, there are a pletora of variable.

Where do you live now and will coming here REALLY make some kind of difference? How long do you want to stay?

London is EXTREMELY expensive and I am from NY saying this. At least in NY with a Masters degree the salary makes a difference. Masters doesn't matter here unless you are in certain fields, i.e. medicine, law, engineering, high level consulting. It is quite depressing. Graduate here=18-21k...graduate America is 40k on the low end, with Masters at least 50.

Do you have any debt? If so that is low. You will bring home about 1200/month. You obviously cannot live on your own. That also depresses me. IF you have a wife/partner working you may be able to afford living on your own. Otherwise, you will have to rent a room. Depending on where you live, it is at least £400/month and suaully that may include utilities.

The rest of your bills are entirely dependent on your own personal habits. How much you go out, if at all, how much you eat, your mobile needs, travel needs, etc.

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Sun May 06, 2012 12:08 pm

A single independent accomodation with shared Spam & bathroom close to zone 4 will cost you £400-500pm + add travel and other food/shopping/etc
You can still live a 'decent' life (that is my view) if you are single with that income of £1100 per month after tax, but I will be really surprised if you can save something from it by end of the month.

If you are bringing a family, a bare minimum studio appartment will cost £650-£750pm, so just do the maths... I don't think that income is enough to survive with a decent standard of living in London.