ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Receiving my BRP from the courier.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

edthesock
Newly Registered

Receiving my BRP from the courier.

Post by edthesock » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:50 pm

I finally got my letter from the Home Office telling me my visa extension has been approved and that my BRP will arrive within 7 working days. The letter also states that the courier will need proof of ID and a signature.

Do I have to sigh my self or can a buddy do it for me if I am not there when the courier arrives?

What happens if there is nobody home when it arrives? Will they lave a note and will I just have to go to the post office to get it?

My letter is dated 29 March. does the 7 working days start on that day or the next?

Cheers.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:08 pm

Hi,
I am guessing that you might have received your BRP already. If not, I am sure it is fine for your friend to sign but I think they will need proof of your as they check the detail agains the information printed on the envelope.

If no one is home when the courier delivers, you will need to arrange for them to redeliver or to collect at one of the couriers collection points. They are not part of Royal Mail and they do not leave your letter at a Post Office.

If you are in London, there are many collection points around and fairly easy to collect. The telephone number listed on the calling card they will leave if no one is at home is an automated service, which is frustrating and I managed to speak to someone in the relevant department by phoning another number listed on their website.

Hope you get it soon / have recieved already.

Thanks

Char

edthesock
Newly Registered

Post by edthesock » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:48 am

Still waiting. It should come by Wed. and I hope it does. Cheers though.