ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependant visa application guide

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leony

dependant visa application guide

Post by leony » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:49 pm

Hi,

Me and my fiancee are in the UK, she has self employment visa, I have Tier 1 (General) visa (extension application is currently at the home office)

Hopefully as soon as my visa comes back, we are planning to go back to our country, get married there and make a fresh entry clearance application for her

My questions:

1)The application form: Is VAF10 the correct application form?

2) Do we need to apply online? (I believe for most countries this is the case) How is the application process?

3) On average, how long does this take?

4) My fiancee still has 6 months on her current visa therefore I would like to apply for entry clearance as soon as possible in case there is a refusal involved. I believe she can still use her existing visa in a situation like this. Is this correct?

5) Do I need to send my passport as well along with her passport?

6) From the guidance, the only documents we need to provide

- marriage certificate
- my statements
- copy of my passport
- her original documents

Do we need to provide additinal documents? She has self employment here, NI numbers, bank statements as well...

Any help is appreciated.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: dependant visa application guide

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:58 pm

1) Yes but only if paper submissions are still allowed in the country where she will be applying. Otherwise it will be the on-line equivalent of that form (but it that case it will not be called VAF 10).

2) See above. Depends on the location so check the UKBA site for relevant details.

3) Depends on the location so check the UKBA site for relevant average processing times.

4) What is a self-employment visa? I can't comment on what I don't understand

5) A certified copy of your passport and vingette or BRP.

6) Q 6.1 on the VAF 10: If you have a UK National Insurance Number what is the number?