ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

should i accompany my wife on her first arrival to the uk?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Katsuri
Newly Registered

should i accompany my wife on her first arrival to the uk?

Post by Katsuri » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:44 am

all in the title. i am wondering, should i accompany my wife to the UK on her first arrival to the countrt I am working and it will be hard to have few days off as i took many this year to visit my parents who are badly sick. Hence, i am wondering can my wife fly on her own to the UK and allowed access to the country despite my absence? Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:19 am

I think that it's normally expected for the dependant to be travelling with, or joining, the sponsor for the initial entry.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:16 am

What do you mean by working and absent? Are you not living in the UK at this moment? Is her visa a settlement visa or a PBS dependant? If it's the former did she say that you would be travelling with her when she completed the application?

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Post by Hakim1984 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:59 am

To be honest Katsuri,

my wife is also coming to the country for the first time next month and at first I thought about it just because of what you say holidays from work etc, but that was only in my mind for a few seconds. I don't want her entering a foreign country with no one going through with her at the UKBA, not fair on her -especially even though her English is good enough- she gets asked a question and doesn't quite understand.

If you can just explain to your work about your wifes situation and that you just need a few days I am sure they will understand.

syma
Member of Standing

Re: should i accompany my wife on her first arrival to the u

Post by syma » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:47 am

Katsuri wrote:all in the title. i am wondering, should i accompany my wife to the UK on her first arrival to the countrt I am working and it will be hard to have few days off as i took many this year to visit my parents who are badly sick. Hence, i am wondering can my wife fly on her own to the UK and allowed access to the country despite my absence? Many thanks
if its a settlement visa then your asked in the visa form whether your sponsor will be travelling with you or not...what did u say to that??

i understand the work situation, i do agree with HAkim here. On the other hand recently ive come across many spouse travleiing alone to Uk from PK and they werent asked anythin at the airport..so its really ur call what u think is best in your situation:p
visa-grante:25.10.12

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:56 am

Katsuri you need to keep to the same thread as you have 3/4 active threads at the moment which makes things rather confusing.

Are you living in the UK at the moment? Where will you be when your wife travels?

Katsuri
Newly Registered

Post by Katsuri » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:24 pm

Lucapooka wrote:What do you mean by working and absent? Are you not living in the UK at this moment? Is her visa a settlement visa or a PBS dependant? If it's the former did she say that you would be travelling with her when she completed the application?
I am living here...her type of visa is settlement. she has yet to complete the form....
thanks for your reply.

Katsuri
Newly Registered

Post by Katsuri » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:25 pm

Hakim1984 wrote:To be honest Katsuri,

my wife is also coming to the country for the first time next month and at first I thought about it just because of what you say holidays from work etc, but that was only in my mind for a few seconds. I don't want her entering a foreign country with no one going through with her at the UKBA, not fair on her -especially even though her English is good enough- she gets asked a question and doesn't quite understand.

If you can just explain to your work about your wifes situation and that you just need a few days I am sure they will understand.
Thanks. she has been to the UK many times before even knowing me.

Katsuri
Newly Registered

Post by Katsuri » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:27 pm

Greenie wrote:Katsuri you need to keep to the same thread as you have 3/4 active threads at the moment which makes things rather confusing.

Are you living in the UK at the moment? Where will you be when your wife travels?
sorry, i thought creating a thread per subject will benefit others who might have the same concern

I am living in the UK and i'll be here when she'll be travelling from home...

Katsuri
Newly Registered

Post by Katsuri » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:26 pm

I am wondering, what if I can't accompany my wife to the UK although we stated otherwise in her application? will this cause her any problem? do the UKBA provide any contact number for further assistance?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:05 pm

Hence, i am wondering can my wife fly on her own to the UK and allowed access to the country despite my absence?
So she lands in the UK, and you are not on the same flight. But where will you be? At the airport waiting to collect her?
John

Katsuri
Newly Registered

Post by Katsuri » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:08 pm

John wrote:
Hence, i am wondering can my wife fly on her own to the UK and allowed access to the country despite my absence?
So she lands in the UK, and you are not on the same flight. But where will you be? At the airport waiting to collect her?
yes at the airport....waiting for her arrival

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Good. I do not see her having a problem ariving alone, as you will be at the airport, and no doubt she will have a note of your mobile phone number, and your phone will be switched on, in case UKBA would like a quick word.
John

Katsuri
Newly Registered

Post by Katsuri » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:50 pm

John wrote:Good. I do not see her having a problem ariving alone, as you will be at the airport, and no doubt she will have a note of your mobile phone number, and your phone will be switched on, in case UKBA would like a quick word.
thanks John, but we stated in the application form i'll be accompanying her...hence my concern.

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Katsuri wrote:
John wrote:Good. I do not see her having a problem ariving alone, as you will be at the airport, and no doubt she will have a note of your mobile phone number, and your phone will be switched on, in case UKBA would like a quick word.
thanks John, but we stated in the application form i'll be accompanying her...hence my concern.
Don't worry. It will be OK. You will be outside anyway. UKBA will call you if they would have any concerns. John is absolutely right.

Secondly, I will suggest she should carry those documents with her that she submitted at the time of settlement application. Immigration officers sometime ask for those documents as happened in my case. But ut is a normal part of the process and nothing to worry about.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Plans change. I would not worry about that. But definitely be there at the airport when she arrives.
John

Katsuri
Newly Registered

Post by Katsuri » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:58 pm

John wrote:Plans change. I would not worry about that. But definitely be there at the airport when she arrives.
Cheers :wink:

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:29 pm

Cor blimey that was hard work, but we eventually got there :lol:

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:32 am

vinny wrote:I think that it's normally expected for the dependant to be travelling with, or joining, the sponsor for the initial entry.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.