ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Ancestry Dependent Visa - Which Form ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Abby12
Newly Registered

UK Ancestry Dependent Visa - Which Form ?

Post by Abby12 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:03 am

My husband has recently received his UK Ancestry Visa. We were advised to first let him apply and see whether is would be granted, and thereafter, apply for myself and our daughter (8y).

We are still in South Africa, and would like to move to the UK towards the end of the year.

Would my daughter and myself also use the VAF2 form to apply for the UK Ancestry Dependent Visas ? The agency mentioned the Spouse Immigration form, but from what we can see on the various websites, it is the VAF2 form.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:34 am

Abby12 wrote:it is the VAF2 form.
Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Abby12
Newly Registered

Post by Abby12 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:21 am

Thanks for the confirmation !
Would we need to fill in a separate form for my daughter (8y) or would her details be filled in on mine ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:47 am

Unfortunately, separate.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Abby12
Newly Registered

Post by Abby12 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:01 pm

Sorry for what seems to be the same line of questions, but the UK Border Agency has now mentioned a Dependency application form - would this be a different form , or are they referring to the VAF2 ?