ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 reaching 6months and nothing

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

devolai2012
Newly Registered

EEA2 reaching 6months and nothing

Post by devolai2012 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:38 am

Hello, am in need of urgent advice. My eea2 is hitting the 6month deadline in about a week. Rang HO a few days ago who said it's still being processed and no decision has been reached.
We applied as a married couple and wife is working, wife received EEA1 and i got COA a while back.

How should i proceed if i reach the 6month mark?

Many thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:43 am

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:40 am

Did you apply in one application along with your wife's registration?

I would personally ask for your passport and documents back from UKBA. If it is over three months since you submitted, they are supposed to make a decision right away.

devolai2012
Newly Registered

Post by devolai2012 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:46 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Did you apply in one application along with your wife's registration?

I would personally ask for your passport and documents back from UKBA. If it is over three months since you submitted, they are supposed to make a decision right away.
Thanks for your reply.

We made the applications together in the same envelope. EEA1 and COA were received with in 4 weeks of application. In 7 days it will be exactly 6 months since we made the application. I called 2 days ago and was told that no decision has been reached.
My concern is what happens if nothing happens within 7days. Stress on my family, might lose my job...list is endless.

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:27 pm

Complain and ask for priority.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:16 am

I agree.

Ask for priority processing immediately. Explain that you need the RC in order to retain your job. Be very clear that they MUST process it within 6 months and no later.

Complain also to your MP.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:13 am

If a EEA1 was issued after 4 weeks, then I really don't see any reason for it to take so long. They just need to validate your identity and your marriage. Nothing else.

As advised, ask for your passport back. That should trigger handling of your application in case it just sits on someone's desk.

tracycareless
Newly Registered

Post by tracycareless » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:08 pm

We too will have reached the six month mark on the 13th April..When i called them a few days ago they said that no decision had been made and that she could see I had been emailing and that I should email again. They seem to be working on a different day different choice of response attitude. They do not seem to care that they are processing peoples lives and that they are causing unnecessary stress to many families out there.