ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr work permit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Umesh2211

Ilr work permit

Post by Umesh2211 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:45 am

Hi
I am going to book an Appointment for premium service .which PEO is better to choose - Croydon,Cardiff or Sheffield. Does it make any difference?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:41 am

From my experience what I have learnt is if your application is straight forward and you have nothing to explain, then it doesn’t really matter and you can go to any of the PEOs.

BUT if your application is not straight forward then I would strongly suggest you go to Croydon as it’s UKBA’s HQ and they have more senior case workers than any other PEO.

I have seen loads of posts on this forum where people (with complications) went to Solihull and other PEOs and were told they (PEO) don’t have level 7 case workers and the applicants need to apply either by post or at Croydon PEO.

A typical example of a non-straight forward application is when ‘you have more than 90 days absences in a single trip or your total absences are more than 180 days in 5 years’.

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:22 am

Hi

Let me tell you this thing that you can book an appointment at any PEO.

I agree with Linkers. But after reading some experiences on this forum I would highly recommend every one to avoid Croydon if you can.

Well the only reason I am saying this is because of the poor service at Croydon just read on this forum, 1st thing is that they are the Head Quarters for the UKBA and the other thing is that they've excessive loads of applications in their PEO as most of the postal applications also comes to Croydon so I am not surprise that their IT system didn't cope with that much of work load and gets crashed every now and then. The problem with booking an appointment at any other PEO is that you wont get it that quickly that's only thing I see.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

Umesh2211

Thank you for your suggestion. Take care

Post by Umesh2211 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:21 pm

[quote="Smam"]Hi

Let me tell you this thing that you can book an appointment at any PEO.

I agree with [b]Linkers[/b]. But after reading some experiences on this forum I would highly recommend every one to avoid Croydon if you can.

Well the only reason I am saying this is because of the poor service at Croydon just read on this forum, 1st thing is that they are the Head Quarters for the UKBA and the other thing is that they've excessive loads of applications in their PEO as most of the postal applications also comes to Croydon so I am not surprise that their IT system didn't cope with that much of work load and gets crashed every now and then. The problem with booking an appointment at any other PEO is that you wont get it that quickly that's only thing I see.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.[/quote]