ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR due but Unemployed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vik_mad

ILR due but Unemployed

Post by vik_mad » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:53 am

Hi All,

i have been contracting since past 3 years however due to my project has finished resulting my contract and i am due to apply for ILR on 09th May.

Being unemployed would that effect my application? I have enough points for ILR though, as i can show 12 months payslip out of last 15?

Please advise.

tks,

chipan671
Newly Registered

Post by chipan671 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:55 am

There shold not be any prolem - as log as you are not on wp oe hsmp jr.

vik_mad

Post by vik_mad » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:57 am

chipan671 wrote:There shold not be any prolem - as log as you are not on wp oe hsmp jr.
Ok, i am on neither of the categories. I am on hsmp+tier1.
tks for the quick response.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:40 pm

You will be fine vik_mad as Tier-1 applicants don’t need to be employed at the time of ILR.

As long as you score enough earnings points, you will have no issues.

vik_mad

Post by vik_mad » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:00 pm

linkers wrote:You will be fine vik_mad as Tier-1 applicants don’t need to be employed at the time of ILR.

As long as you score enough earnings points, you will have no issues.
Thanks buddy

I have couple of questins from the form, would appreciate if you could please help me.

Section 9 - tier 1 points scoring assessment
1. Letter from your (previous) employers confirming that you have recived the exact amount you are claiming now? - I am worked through umbrlla service however they are not providing me this letter, would that be an issue?
I am able to provide the pay slips + bank statement+P-60+reference letter, i hope this should be fine.

2. Age assessment - Shall i take the age at the time of my initial HSMP or the Tier1 extn?

Section 10 - biometric residence permits
3. Dependents - The question says if the dependent is 16 yrs old or more go to question 17 OR less than 16 yrs old go to question 14. Well i am applying with 2 dependents my wife and 3 years old son. which option should I select now?

4. In my passport there are couple of instances where the stamp is not there frm immigration officer on Heathrow would that be an issue? I am well under the 180 days rule though.

thanks for letting me know.
rgds,

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:04 pm

vik_mad:

Section 9 -
tier 1 points scoring assessment (1. Letter from your (previous) employers…)
You don’t need to tick this option if you are providing payslips and bank statements. You are only required to provide 2 forms of evidences which should be from different sources.

2. Age assessment
You need to claim the points for your age at the time of first grant which is your first HSMP.

3. Dependents
I am myself applying with my wife and two kids. I think we should select ‘Less than 16 years old – go to question 14’. I know it’s bit confusing as it doesn’t give you any option for your wife and kid both, but I am sure the Biometric staff would be aware of it and will take Biometrics of you all (assuming you are going to PEO). If sending by post, explain it in cover letter.

4. Don’t worry if any stamp is missing. It’s not your fault and as long as you are confident and are under the threshold of 180, you will be fine.

vik_mad

Post by vik_mad » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:07 pm

linkers wrote:vik_mad:

Section 9 -
tier 1 points scoring assessment (1. Letter from your (previous) employers…)
You don’t need to tick this option if you are providing payslips and bank statements. You are only required to provide 2 forms of evidences which should be from different sources.

2. Age assessment
You need to claim the points for your age at the time of first grant which is your first HSMP.

3. Dependents
I am myself applying with my wife and two kids. I think we should select ‘Less than 16 years old – go to question 14’. I know it’s bit confusing as it doesn’t give you any option for your wife and kid both, but I am sure the Biometric staff would be aware of it and will take Biometrics of you all (assuming you are going to PEO). If sending by post, explain it in cover letter.

4. Don’t worry if any stamp is missing. It’s not your fault and as long as you are confident and are under the threshold of 180, you will be fine.
thanks for the quick response, Are you taking your kid along? as i was thinking to only go along with my wife. I am not sure about this as i have taken an appointment with 2 dependents.

and I am applying through Croydon PEO and i believe i still need to provide the cover letter, do you have a template of cover letter?

tks,