ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 ext with 2 dependants-photo, marriage certificate

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karan007
Newly Registered

Tier 1 ext with 2 dependants-photo, marriage certificate

Post by karan007 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:30 am

Hi all,

This is to get your opinion on a recent Tier 1 extension application I have submitted along with 2 depandant. The questions I have are:

1. The photos (for all applicants) were not submitted with the application. However, I have send them the very next day with a covering letter, passport photocopies etc apologiging for the error caused. How do you think, UKBA will treat this case? What is the wrost case scenerio for this mistake?

2. With the depandant application of my wife, I didnt include the marriage certificate. To be totally honest, I didnt think it was necessary as my initial application under Tier 1 was including her as the depandant and the marriage certificate was submitted at that time. In adition to this, while completing the application form, it asked me if she was give a visa as a dependant to me earlier to which I said Yes and the very next question was 'Is the relationship subsiting?'. From this I got the impression that the marriage certificate was not mandatory. Please correct me if I am wrong. Please note that I have included the UK birth certificate of our child, which clearly states our names a father and mother.

3. The photos submitted for our daughter were taken 3 months ago and are the same as used in the passport. I refered to the guidance and it states the photos should be recent but doesnt specify any timescales. Please let me know how would UKBA treat this and what is the wrost case scenerio?

4. Finally, if my (or my dependants) visa was rejected for one of the above reasons and the decision came after our current FLR expires on 24th April, where do I stand and what are the options available to me at that time. This is just to prepare psychologically about the consequences.

Sorry for the rather long message. Your response regarding the above will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Kindest regards,

Karan

Manka10

Re: Tier 1 ext with 2 dependants-photo, marriage certificate

Post by Manka10 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:30 am

karan007 wrote:Hi all,

This is to get your opinion on a recent Tier 1 extension application I have submitted along with 2 depandant. The questions I have are:

1. The photos (for all applicants) were not submitted with the application. However, I have send them the very next day with a covering letter, passport photocopies etc apologiging for the error caused. How do you think, UKBA will treat this case? What is the wrost case scenerio for this mistake?

2. With the depandant application of my wife, I didnt include the marriage certificate. To be totally honest, I didnt think it was necessary as my initial application under Tier 1 was including her as the depandant and the marriage certificate was submitted at that time. In adition to this, while completing the application form, it asked me if she was give a visa as a dependant to me earlier to which I said Yes and the very next question was 'Is the relationship subsiting?'. From this I got the impression that the marriage certificate was not mandatory. Please correct me if I am wrong. Please note that I have included the UK birth certificate of our child, which clearly states our names a father and mother.

3. The photos submitted for our daughter were taken 3 months ago and are the same as used in the passport. I refered to the guidance and it states the photos should be recent but doesnt specify any timescales. Please let me know how would UKBA treat this and what is the wrost case scenerio?

4. Finally, if my (or my dependants) visa was rejected for one of the above reasons and the decision came after our current FLR expires on 24th April, where do I stand and what are the options available to me at that time. This is just to prepare psychologically about the consequences.

Sorry for the rather long message. Your response regarding the above will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Kindest regards,

Karan
1 - Hopefully the photos will reach the CW and your application wont be returned as invalid. CW may even contact you to send the photos

2 - I dont think this would be an issue

3 - I had sent the same photo as in my passport renewed 1 and half months ago, sent new photos at the time of giving biometric in PO, never knew if the photos reached the CW or which photos they considered

4 - applications are not normally rejected solely on the basis of photos, photos you sent should reach the CW or they will contact you to send the photographs

Goodluck
Manka

karan007
Newly Registered

Post by karan007 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:05 am

Hi Manka,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delay in reposnding to your post.

As an update, I am still waiting for the payment to be debited or the application form to arrive through my letter box.

If the application was returned as not duly made (just bcoz of the photos), I think the extra £1000 is far too high price to pay for a small error. But I think I have to accept it and go ahead with applying with the photos and the marriage certificate.

Will keep the forum updated on the status of our appllication.

Thanks again.

Karan