ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR applied too Early

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tunay

ILR applied too Early

Post by Tunay » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:17 am

My five years on HSMP was due to be completed on 31st March 2012 but i applied for ILR on 13th Jan. 2012.

I'm I likely to be rejected because i applied too early i.e. more than 28days

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:03 am

You might be okay. It depends on what date you got your entry clearance and if you entered UK within 90 days of getting EC, you are eligible to apply for ILR 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your EC date.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:08 am

You should be okay if you satisfy the ILR requirements on the date of the decision.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Vinny ... So based on old HSMP visa .... we use to get approval letter (applying from home country) .. once you get letter .. you will take an appointment to get Visa stamped .... I got letter in January and got stamped in January but I asked my visa start date from June ... so what is EC date here?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:46 pm

I think that it was June.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Freddy1
Newly Registered

Too early application made!

Post by Freddy1 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi, i only just realised that i submitted my ilr SET(0) application 2 months in advance. I submitted in January whilst my visa expired end of March. I've received acknoledgement letter from the Home Office but I'm really worried i could be rejected. Help!

parasiteslost

Post by parasiteslost » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:29 pm

See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/

"Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before you become eligible to apply. If you do, we may refuse your application with no refund of the application fee (if a fee is charged for your application type). However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay in the UK expires."