ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Experience- 11 months ( Tier 1 Extension)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mhkhan

Work Experience- 11 months ( Tier 1 Extension)

Post by mhkhan » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:20 pm

Dear All,

I teach at three Universities in London on part-time basis. Due to contracts of various tenure, I have been working for one for the longest i.e. more than one year. My contract is hourly based so I work e.g 15 hours a week at one uni and 20 hours a week at the second. However there was no work during last Christmas so I didn't get any pay from first Uni during December but the second Uni has been paying me salary consecutively for the last 6 months including December.

My question is, would I be able to claim points for UK experience for extending the visa if despite having only 11 months payslips from one employer I got another employer paying me for few hours a week for the last 6 months including December.

Hope I was clear enough in stating the scenario. And thanks for your time reading and answering my question in advance.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:24 pm

You can claim UK experience points if your earnings in UK are over 16k+
Give me more Karma (+)

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:25 pm

You can claim any earning within the time period that you are going to show (12 consecutive months). Someone pls correct me.
Last edited by Somudro on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:27 pm

Somudro wrote:You can claim any earning within the time period that you are going to show (12 consecutive months). Someone pls correct me.
The question is not about earnings period but UK exp points :lol:
Give me more Karma (+)

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:41 pm

[quote="QuickSam"][quote="Somudro"]You can claim any earning within the time period that you are going to show (12 consecutive months). Someone pls correct me.[/quote]

The question is not about earnings period but UK exp points :lol:[/quote]

Many thanks for your quick and positive reply. Am glad I can claim points for my experience.