ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General extension Funds Maintenance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sagiloyal
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General extension Funds Maintenance

Post by sagiloyal » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi All,

I am really nervous with my current situation. my visa will be expired in June 12 2012. and I am maintaining my funds since March 1 2012.

But on April 2nd for 1 day the balance went down to 100 pounds from 1400 pounds due to urgent transction. But on the same day the balance went back to 1400 pounds by depositing money. As previous day is sunday this transaction took place.
so on 2nd april i have 2 transaction with balance at 100 pounds and balance at 1400 punds final transaction.
so on the statement both transaction can be seen by the home office. Although the balance was maintained at the end of the day it came down if they check per transaction.

Any advice ? I dont have any other savings in any other accounts.

Please suggest on this ? Urgent.

thanks,
raju

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:38 pm

The requirement is to maintain the amount all throughout the 90 day period. There could be a problem if the CW checks the balance after each transaction. I am not an expert on this but I guess if you check your own statement, it does not have an end of day balance field. The CW just has to base his checks to the transaction level balances to verify the maintenance amount.

Please get a second opinion from somebody who has experience in this.
Give me more Karma (+)

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:35 pm

As per UKBA website

Personal bank or building society statements covering the 90 day period immediately before the application

The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:

your name;
the account number;
the date of the statement;
the financial institution's name and logo;
transactions covering the 90 day period;
that there is enough funds present in the account; and
that there has been enough money present in the account for the past 90 days.

If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, you will need to send a supporting letter from your bank, on headed paper, confirming that the statements are genuine. Alternatively, electronic bank statements with the official stamp of the bank that issued the statements will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement.

We will not accept statements which simply show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that you hold enough funds for the full period required.

So the funds should not fall below the required amount even for a single transaction

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 General extension Funds Maintenance

Post by silent_warrior » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 pm

sagiloyal wrote:Hi All,

I am really nervous with my current situation. my visa will be expired in June 12 2012. and I am maintaining my funds since March 1 2012.

But on April 2nd for 1 day the balance went down to 100 pounds from 1400 pounds due to urgent transction. But on the same day the balance went back to 1400 pounds by depositing money. As previous day is sunday this transaction took place.
so on 2nd april i have 2 transaction with balance at 100 pounds and balance at 1400 punds final transaction.
so on the statement both transaction can be seen by the home office. Although the balance was maintained at the end of the day it came down if they check per transaction.

Any advice ? I dont have any other savings in any other accounts.

Please suggest on this ? Urgent.

thanks,
raju
Hello sagiloyal
I was more or less in a similar situation twice before
once when I was extending PSW (or IGS) and the other for my initial Tier 1
For my Tier 1, I realised that my balance went down on a specific day, but I immediately deposited some amount the same day. When my statement came out, it showed both transaction , Money Out and Money, but the final Money In for the day balance showed above the required amount. So it was not it was not easily visible. But like I said the end of the day balance was accurately shown in my statement as above the required amount.

For my PSW (or IGS) I however did not realise it in time. So my balance for one day was below the £800 requirement. I was however fortunate, that I had an account (which got dormant as I had not used it for long time) in India. I reactivated my account, after sending the necessary documents and had them send me a statement for that month, along with a new Visa Debit card (to satisfy the criteria of funds easily accessible). Also in my covering letter, I mentioned that the CW should consider all my accounts and that my sum at any given time from all accounts was more than £800

Other option, you may want to try is, if in your home country your family has an account, have them include your name in that account, and then when you get the end of the month statement, the balance will be above the required amount. But remember that you may have to get their signature on the Tier 1 application (it requires somewhere for you to do that i think)

I really hope you get a solution. Dont loose heart, you already know the worst situation, and it cant get any worse. Start thinking of solutions around the problem. It is possible I think
Good luck