ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which postoffice is better for biometrics

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mr.mzm
Newly Registered

Which postoffice is better for biometrics

Post by mr.mzm » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:57 pm

HI,

I'm wondering that which postoffice is better for biometrics in terms of reliability and good service?

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/counter-ser ... s/branches

Thanks
Last edited by mr.mzm on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Who are you asking? Anyone that has used a post office for biometrics will have used their local post office (or nearest that provides this facility). And each person will only have knowledge and experience of that one facility. If this is important to you (and I wonder why it is) then surely it would be better to enquire about a particular facility that is close to your location? Otherwise you may be directed to a PO in Lands End or John O'Groats.

Additionally, you seem to be asking for advice along the lines of someone looking in the Good Pub Guide. Where is the best Post office in the UK to buy stamps! The PO offers a biometric service that is supposed to be uniform in each location so asking around for a good location seems quite bizarre.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

razian97
United Kingdom

Post by razian97 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:22 pm

every post office is reliable and good in service.
dont worry :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

mr.mzm
Newly Registered

Post by mr.mzm » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:18 pm

I have seen some posts where some were complaining about delays in service or some data send issues. That's why I have asked that question otherwise I am in the same picture as you are :) that all posts offices are the same. :):)

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Which postoffice is better for biometrics

Post by silent_warrior » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:58 pm

mr.mzm wrote:HI,

I'm wondering that which postoffice is better for biometrics in terms of reliability and good service?

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/counter-ser ... s/branches

Thanks
There have been some reviews about PO's, but again I would have thought most of them would be reliable
Check this link
http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic. ... &start=660
But this Earl's Court (London)

razian97
United Kingdom

Post by razian97 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:25 am

mr.mzm wrote:I have seen some posts where some were complaining about delays in service or some data send issues. That's why I have asked that question otherwise I am in the same picture as you are :) that all posts offices are the same. :):)
where do you live ?
if you live outside London than your biometrics shall not take longer and you will not wait in big ques, I live in west Yorkshire and I went my nearest post office , it took only 5 minutes for biometrics with my two dependants.

shiju31
India

Post by shiju31 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:08 pm

just cross your fingers before entering your nearest local PO for biometrics...If you find big queues then its not reliable and quick...if you find no queues then that is the most reliable and quick PO you got.... :D

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:54 pm

I just read on UKBA website that enrolment of Biometrics will be charged by post office.

It is there on Royal Mail website as well.
http://www.postoffice.co.uk/counter-ser ... -nationals

Why these charges when earlier it was free at PEO?

It looks like UKBA has become so greedy and wants to mint money at each step of the application.

They should start charging for each step separately just to harass the immigrants. CRAP.