ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surname Change in Indian Passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

learner12
Newly Registered

Surname Change in Indian Passport

Post by learner12 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi All,
I am on ILR status and recently married. my wife got dependant visa(27months) and holding indian passport. she got changed surname in indian passport, after she came into the UK(her visa held on old surname).
1)would she apply for a new visa for surname change?
2)If she willnot applied for a new visa, this should be a problem for next extension? (she will be eligible for ILR in next extension)

Thank you.

learner12
Newly Registered

Post by learner12 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi All,
Please can any one reply on this thread....!!

learner12
Newly Registered

Post by learner12 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:26 am

Hi All,
Please any one could reply my questions!
Thank YOu.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: Surname Change in Indian Passport

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:45 pm

learner12 wrote:Hi All,
I am on ILR status and recently married. my wife got dependant visa(27months) and holding indian passport. she got changed surname in indian passport, after she came into the UK(her visa held on old surname).
1)would she apply for a new visa for surname change?
2)If she willnot applied for a new visa, this should be a problem for next extension? (she will be eligible for ILR in next extension)

Thank you.
So your wife now has cancelled Indian passport with her maiden name, and a new Indian Passport with married name on it.
When she applies for extension of the visa she will have to submit the documentation for the change of name and new visa should be issued in married name in current Indian passport. IMHO I don't see any reason to apply for visa in married name.

The existing visa stamped in cancelled Indian passport is valid till the end of the validity of the visa. However she will have to carry both the passports together when travelling as well documents tying the maiden and married name, marriage certificate plus name change if challenged by Immigration officer at airport.

hope this helps.

regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Surname Change in Indian Passport

Post by Amber » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:03 pm

Incorrect if someone changes their name they must inform the UKVI.

Report a change of circumstances if you have a visa or BRP (click)
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.