ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr in 10 y l residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Delta1
Newly Registered

Ilr in 10 y l residency

Post by Delta1 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Hi everyone! I applied for ILR in 10 LR category on 22/03/12 and payment had been taken on 26/03/12, but i havnt rcvd ack letter yet! Has anyone got any idea about it!

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:46 am

Hi Delta

Well to be honest with you if your payment is deducted that's excellent you'll receive the acknowledgement letter as well.

Just like to advice for the Long residence based ILR processing times are any where up to 26 weeks even a little more than that as the HO office people they dont really give any priority to work on Long residense cases as there's nothing much to check a part from the Crimnal Conviction checks and stuffs that's all about it.

So just be patience and keep us posted on the forum regarding your updates with your ILR Application.

Good luck for your ILR.

Delta1
Newly Registered

Ilr in 10 y l residency

Post by Delta1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:25 pm

Thanks for yr advise Swam! I'll wait in anyway. If u dont mind i jus want to know yr opinion ab my case. I introduce it in more details! ILr in 10 y lr. 1) first i came to uk in april 2002; 2) total absentees 296 days; 3) most single absentee is 96 days; 4) always used 1 passport; never had any visa gaps, always had visa extentions well on timd; 5) never criminal convictions; 6) submitted docs: set(o), passport with full photocopy, life in uk test pass letter, police reg, sar bundle, 2 photoes. Bud didnt add cover letter. Do u think it is straightforward case? Give me opinions please! Thanks!

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:10 am

Hi Mate

To be honest with you I am not an expert on immigration advice just living in this country for the past 9 odd years which is clearly a year less than you.

This is all and all depends on your luck first, then after that it all depends at the discretion of the CW. But normally what I've come accross in the 10 years Long Residence base ILR cases they dont really bother much with any absents and the things like that. But telling you the truth is that I've never ever come accross any long residence based ILR case which is resolved in not earlier than atleast 6 to 8 months even one of friend got it after 14 months so just be very very patient that's all I can advice you.

Good luck for your ILR.

Delta1
Newly Registered

Ilr in 10 y l residency

Post by Delta1 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:37 pm

No worries! Thanks anyway! Good luck to u too!

ijaz.khanz
Newly Registered

Post by ijaz.khanz » Tue May 01, 2012 4:39 am

hi, the details your provided seems ok and look straight forward but they do look for any excuse but as you stated ur details all seems pretty much straight, so be patient and wait as ukba is short of staff as you may read in newspaper and taking longer than normal. i also applied in jan and still waiting its almost 13 weeks now.
best of luck.