ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

six weeks since my OCI, no updates on OCI website

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chashmebaddur

six weeks since my OCI, no updates on OCI website

Post by chashmebaddur » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:29 pm

Dear All,

I hv applied for my OCI with all docs on 1 March 12

I hv not received any acknowledgement for the receipt from HCI

When i checked my status online on 29 March 12, it shows as ''Scanned'', but since 29 March, the status has not been updated... all it says is ''Scanned''

Can someone please guide me as whether they hv faced similar situation/ messages when they applied?

I hv sent one email to HCI london , but as always despite three emails, they hv not bothered to reply to my email!!!!

Is it possible that they hv some issues in scanning or with my documentation? can the status still show as Scanned if the application has some issue related to photo or otherwise? I hv pasted my photo on the basis of instructions and size guide / back ground on OCI website...

Is it normal to not to change the scanned status for almost a week ? or my application has been rejected or pending for any issues ? plz guide...

Thanks in Adance

Chashmish...

chashmebaddur

NEW OCI PROCEDURE WEF 28 MARCH 2012

Post by chashmebaddur » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:47 am

Dear ALL,

Further to my previous query, I manage to get a reply from High commission of india in london

''w.e.f. 28 March 2012, the Ministry of Home Affairs - India, dealing with OCI applications will be taking 20 days waiting period from the date of scanning of documents''

This is a procedural change, which means, they will be issuing card and sticker from India itself, rather than from UK and this will increase the waiting period after initial scan of documents''

HOPE THIS WILL BE USEFUL FOR THOSE WHO HAVE APPLIED AFTER 28 MARCH 2012, AND STILL WAITING OR THOSE PLAANING TO APPLY...

THANKS

CHASHMISH