ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FCO Confirming identity

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zackisback06

FCO Confirming identity

Post by zackisback06 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:11 pm

I recently applied for my First British Passport abroad in the U.S. I made it to the final step in the process before my passport will be issued. The passport examiner stated the following to me

" Before we issue your passport we have to be completely satisfied in your father’s identity. You can send a photo-copy of documents for now, I will forward them to my supervisor who will make some necessary security checks. If he will be satisfied, I will issue a passport, otherwise we probably will invite your father for identification interview to Embassy or nearest Consulate with original documents. I received reply from FCO who advised me that we need to see a documentation confirming your father’s identity:
1)An official name change document/court order for name change from Alu (as on his birth certificate) to Alu-Jones(as on your birth certificate)
2)US photo-ID’s: drivers licence, residency card, work authorisation card or non-UK passport
3)any previous British passports he held, if they were lost, dates and place of their issue
4)any family photos showing your father with you during a period of time beginning from your early childhood
5) school/college records, bills, tax returns, payslips, bank statements- whatever he thinks could be useful to confirm his identity over a period of time".
My question is if I supply all these requested documents what would cause the security officer/supervisor to not be satisfied and require my father to do an interview, thus causing an delay and slowing the process?

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:04 am

I think this is standard wording . If any of the documents were not genuine this may result in the passport not being issued ?
pennyless