ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visitor visa for parents with no regular income

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ind2uk
Newly Registered

Family visitor visa for parents with no regular income

Post by ind2uk » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:34 pm

( first thanks to the active forum members for providing wealth of helpful info)

Hi,
I'm living in the UK for 4+ years with my wife and son and planning to invite my parents over to spend the summer with us.

My parents dont have a regular income. They are supported by me and my brother in India.

My father used to run a shop in India and is now retired. They dont have any savings in banks.

The apartment my parents live with my brother is co-owned by me and my mother. I plan to show this as my proof of property.

I will be submitting my documents as sponsor and including the relevant documents.

However, i'm concerned that not having a regular income will become an issue. Also their bank statements will mostly have remittances from me.

Could the experts please advice if there is anything I could do to strengthen the case? ( i'm planning to apply in early May ).

thanks
- Sachin.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Family visitor visa for parents with no regular income

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:17 pm

ind2uk wrote:please advice if there is anything I could do to strengthen the case?
You are asking strangers for information about your their personal circumstances when we know nothing about their situation. They may need to show strong ties to India that motivate their return. It's for you to indicate what that might be and for us to suggest if that is appropriate.