ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gap during extension of tier 1 due to invalid application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rneeta

Gap during extension of tier 1 due to invalid application

Post by rneeta » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi,

I came to UK in April 2008 however visa was issued in Feb 2008. when I applied for extension in 2010. UKBA returned my application saying that I did not use the correct form for dependent ( the form was changed on the day they received application as i send though currier it became invalid the day they receive ). application came back, after visa has expired money refuned. I applied again next week and got our visa extended till march 2013. I have two questions for ILR

1. whether I will be able to apply for ILR in Jan 2013 as I enter UK within 90days of the entry clearance? Modernising guidance says case worker may count for counting 5yrs period. has this been the case?

2. as we stayed beyond visa expired date (sort of overstay). it appeared as a gap in lawful stay? will that affect my ILR or not? very confused either try for ILR or go for another extension again? if some of you are also in similar situation, your experiences and thoughts will be highly appreciated

vinny

Re: Gap during extension of tier 1 due to invalid applicatio

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:02 am

rneeta wrote:when I applied for extension in 2010. UKBA returned my application saying that I did not use the correct form for dependent ( the form was changed on the day they received application as i send though currier it became invalid the day they receive ). application came back, after visa has expired money refuned. I applied again next week and got our visa extended till march 2013.
34I was applicable. Therefore, question why it was declared as invalid.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rneeta

Post by rneeta » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Thank you very much for this Vinny. Did that rule come recently or was in place in Jan 2010 also?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:50 am

It was in place in Jan 2010 also.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.