ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not so straight forward LTR query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HoldOnWoody
Newly Registered

Not so straight forward LTR query

Post by HoldOnWoody » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:26 pm

My husband and I have not lived with one another since shortly after we married. However, I want to help him with his LTR. He is currently on an extension of a marriage visa. This is due to expire and after looking at the application form for LTR, we cannot possibly sign it as it states 'we are living together...etc etc'. Is there a different form we need, i.e. discretionary LTR or do we not sign but back the application form up with a letter?? Confused and don't want to mess this up...

Thanks for any advice.

Feb4
Newly Registered

Post by Feb4 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:54 am

You will have to satisfy the Secretary of State that you intend to live together permanently as husband and wife. This is by way of evidence.

A major proof is that after you got married, you lived together as husband and wife for at least 2 years (you are asked to provide letters and documents showing you lived at the same address). However, this is not always possible. Work schedule and other demands may keep a married couple apart for sometime. In that case, you will have to explain with evidence why it wasn't possible for you to live together.

Did he work outside the country? Did you keep in touch regularly during the time you were not living together? If you can provide evidence why you didn't live together and that you kept in touch as a married couple would, you will be fine, otherwise I fear his ILTR application will be refused.

HoldOnWoody
Newly Registered

Post by HoldOnWoody » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Unfortunately, we separated but are hoping to reconcile. He is the father of our daughter (but he is not named on the birth certificate). I am not sure what to do because I realise that we cannot sign the standard ILR form as we have not lived together and we still do not. I heard somewhere that I can request that he stay as the father of our child. Is there a different application form for this???

Please, any advice would be most welcome. Thank you.