ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch From Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 Sponsorship by Umbrella Co

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gorgeous_Worrier
Newly Registered

Switch From Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 Sponsorship by Umbrella Co

Post by Gorgeous_Worrier » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:12 pm

Dear All,

Currently I am under PSW Tier 1 Visa. I am a contractor and own a limited company. My PSW visa will expire within 7 months.

I am working as engineer in a multinational company as agency worker under rolling contract. Due to the contract job the company can't sponsor me.

Also, according to the new rules the employee should be working for minimum 6 months for the sponsor company, to be eligible to apply for tier 2

By looking at this, I only got one month left for either to find a permanent job or to find a sponsor company.

But, I came across one umbrella company who says that they may sponsor me. But they are not sure. they insist that I should join they company ASAP. They are registered as A rated sponsor at UKBA website.

The question is, how should I trust them. as they are not sure that they will sponsor me.But, At the same time I don't have any other option as well. It is also a truth that this type of umbrella company take big percentage of money from the salary.

I don't want to be loser at both the side at the end, means not getting the sponsorship and loosing part of salary as well.

it would be great if any senior people can guide me regarding how much legal is it to get sponsored by umbrella company.

can an agency worker be sponsored by umbrella company?

Your views would be much helpful...

Thanks in Advance....

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:55 am

Gorgeous_Worrier
Newly Registered

Post by Gorgeous_Worrier » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:10 pm

Thanks you for your help!